Following on the conversation from today's post from my good friend Scott Gould (and his mate Ian) I share with you my 3 productivity tips for today!
1. Reading something inspiring keeps the mind active, it gives you focus and direction.
I am currently working through the wonderful 80's classic book "Money, Sex, Power" by the fantastic pastor Richard Foster (author of Celebration of Discipline) - just picking up a couple of nuggets that get the brain juices flowing on a daily basis is sometimes all it takes to get the creativity and productivity flowing.
2. Think about getting an iPad (or some useful desktop widgets!
Also check out some of these great little nuggets:
- DropBox - File sharing made easy
- Focus Booster - Break your time down into 25 minute chunks
- Doomi - Handy Adobe Air To Do List App
- OmniFocus - Heavyweight To Do App
- The Pomodoro Technique - What Focus Booster is based on!
3. Knowing how to turn things off is crucial.
What I mean by this is knowing that things do have a Off button, and you can choose to press it. You change choose to tune out. And you should.
We often forget that the world will not end if we don't check in, tweet, email or text for a couple of hours, or even a couple of weeks.
The more we learn to switch off for appropriate amounts of time, the more productive we are when things are turned on!
Over to you...
What makes you more productive? What tools do you use? Are you more creative when you are being productive or more productive when you are being creative?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Pomodoro Technique: How Does It Help Your Productivity? (shankrila.com)
- Top 6 Adobe AIR Apps That Will Increase Your Productivity (dumblittleman.com)
- 3 Productivity Systems and the Tools That Go With Them (webworkerdaily.com)
- 6 Personal Productivity Tools Guaranteed to Up Your Game (freelanceswitch.com)
- How a Tomato Can Make You More Productive (losethattyre.co.uk)