http://tinyurl.com/56yeu3 Check out the above link to learn about the new Barbardos Campaign
In an interesting use of video and interactivity, this new campaign from Bernardos invites users to "Break The Cycle" of abuse being shown on screen by clicking the stop button on the video, which launches into a full screen, high quality movie when clicked.
Enticing, brutal and provocative, the new campaign seeks to help children be brought out of cycles of antisocial behaviour, drug abuse and poverty.
Some Facts: (Source, YouGov.)
Research conducted by YouGov shows that:
- just under half (49%) of people believe that children are increasingly a danger to each other and adults
- 43% agree something has to be done to protect us from children
- 45% think that children are feral in the way they behave.
A survey conducted amongst Barnardo’s young people – just over half of whom have been in trouble – found that most of them thought that young people get into trouble because of boredom and peer pressure.
Of the 393 youngsters, aged between 10 and 23:
- 44% said bad behaviour is encouraged when the media portrays their peers as misbehaving
- 84% said young people get into trouble because of boredom
- 88% said having more things to do and places to go might stop young people getting into trouble
- 32% would go to friends for help if they were in trouble.
Shocking stuff really, as is the campaign videos, but well worth a look. From a media sense, this is doing nothing news, but is using something we have already seen in various incarnations, to great effect...